Sign up for an orientation below to learn more about volunteering at Red Wiggler! Orientations take place every 2-3 weeks at the farm, and last for approximately one hour.
Note that during the main growing season (April through early November or so), volunteers are needed Monday - Friday, from 9-12 pm or 1-3 pm. We almost never offer evening or weekend volunteering. Volunteers under the age of 14 need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Sign up for a Volunteer Orientation:
Steps to Volunteer
- Sign up for and attend an on-farm volunteer orientation (see above)
- Read our Volunteer Policies
- Complete a paper volunteer application (see link in green resources box above) and bring it with you to your orientation
- 18 or older? Submit your federal background check here
Once you've completed all the above steps, check out available shifts on GivePulse, our volunteering website. Please note that registering for a shift on GivePulse does NOT mean you are approved to come. You must receive an explicit approval email.
Questions? Contact Becca Roe, Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for Students
- We are a Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS)-approved Student Service Learning (SSL) site. One hour of volunteering with us is equivalent to one SSL hour.