Please note: During the main growing season (late April through early November or so), volunteers are needed Monday - Friday, from 9-12 pm or 1-3 pm. We almost never offer evening or weekend volunteering. Volunteers under the age of 14 need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Steps to Volunteer
- Sign up for an in-person orientation at the farm (yellow box to the left) and read our Volunteer Policies
- Complete a paper volunteer application (see link in green resources box above) and bring it with you to your orientation
- 18 or older? Submit your federal background check here
- Once you've completed all the above steps, check out available shifts on GivePulse, our volunteering website. Please note that registering for a shift on GivePulse does NOT mean you are approved to come. You must receive an explicit approval email.
Questions? Contact Becca Roe, Volunteer & Grower Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for Students
- We are a Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS)-approved Student Service Learning (SSL) site. One hour of volunteering with us is equivalent to one SSL hour.
- We offer Alternative Spring Break programming during MCPS' spring break. More information found here!
Sign up for a
(click on date)