2012 Annual Report
View the complete Annual Report.
We are very proud of these 2012 Red Wiggler successes:
- 100% of Growers improved their skill set from last year.
- Growers worked over 6,250 hours.
- 17 new job skills were gained. These skills are now part of specific Grower’s job descriptions for 2013.
- Growers earned 34% more in wages.
- 891 youth and adults, with and without disabilities, participated in on farm activities.
- We grew and distributed over 34,000 pounds of produce in 2012.
- 47% of our produce was distributed to low income households through our Farm to Food Bank and Farm to Group Home Programs.
- We grew over 125 varieties of organic crops.
- Our new greenhouse allowed us to grow all of our own plants from seed on the premises.
- Over 100 white turtlehead plants were planted, providing habitat for the Baltimore Checkerspot Butterfly.